Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Week 12

Tom Reynolds
Dr. Paolone
Physics 175 T TH 11:00

This week no one came for my office hours however one person came just seeking help from anyone.  She was struggling with an extra credit lab.  It was about waves and calculating the speed of sound in different media. There were a couple of obstacles with this.  The first was that she couldn't quite describe the experiment to me.  The second was that from the description of the experiment, the data didn't quite make sense.  So I helped her as best I could, mainly with answering the questions and analyzing her data.  The best help I could give was to explain more thoroughly what the questions were asking, including the physical principles behind them, and then asking her to answer them herself. She walked out with answers and maybe a better understanding of waves, even if the data didn't make much sense.

No comments:

Post a Comment