Monday, April 25, 2016

Week of April 18th

I had one student come to my office hours the past week. She had questions from the textbook regarding the ideal spring model and pendulums. She mostly had trouble with relating kinetic and potential energy to a moving spring, and it was useful to remind her that kinetic energy reaches a maximum at its starting point, and the potential energy is measured in relation to that starting point. For the problems regarding pendulums, I helped her derived the equations for simple and physical pendulums, which helped show her that the time it takes for a pendulum to swing is independent of its mass.

Overall, I really enjoyed TA'ing for physics this semester. It was fun interacting with students of varying learning styles and background knowledge of physics, while also gaining insight into my own study habits and learning new ways to approach problems.

Joe Musiol
MWF 1:00-1:50PM

No comments:

Post a Comment