Thursday, January 17, 2019

Week of January 14th

This week I had a total of four people show up to my office hours. On Tuesday I had three students and we worked on Lon-Capa and other homework problems. To address issues with breaking up vectors into components we focused in on what the angle and the trig functions represent in each problem. I found that using diagrams to display vectors was the most helpful way to explain what the problem was asking. Also asked those who came to use the signs of the components in each vector to see which quadrant the vector should lie in as a sort of sanity check.
On Thursday I had one student come in a we reviewed adding and substracting vectors and looked at understanding position v. time graphs found on the Lon-Capa homework assignment. I foresee more students attending office hours as we get deeper into kinematics and start projectile motion.

No comments:

Post a Comment