Thursday, February 11, 2016

Weeks 4 & 5

Week 4, I had one student come in on Monday and two students Wednesday. On Monday we discussed the physics exploration bonus assignment. Her main trouble focused on kinematics in two dimensions, so we did a sample problem so I could she her that she could that of the X & Y directions are independent. The two students on Wednesday wanted clarification on a problem done in-class on Wednesday's lecture. Their trouble centered on using two equations to solve for two, unknown variables. I had no students visit my office hours on Friday.

Week 5, I had one student come to my office hours on Monday. We discussed two problems from the homework that dealt with free fall. On Wednesday I had one student come in with questions regarding vector problems from the book. Specifically, we went over breaking vectors down into their components and adding them to find a resultant vector. I had another student come in on Wednesday with homework questions about projectile motion. We worked over these problems, paying extra attention to breaking the problem into X and Y components separately. No students came in Friday as our first exam was taken earlier in the day.

Joe Musiol
Broccio MWF 1-1:50

No comments:

Post a Comment