Tuesday, January 16, 2018

First Week Spring 2018

Today marks one week since the first lecture I attended as a UTA for Dr. Devaty's Physics 0175 course.  Though I have not held any office hours yet, I have been kept busy in class.  Aside from handing out syllabuses the first day, the main function which I have been serving is to walk around the class providing assistance for practice problems posed by the professor.  For example, I explained to a few guys how to set up an estimation problem for the charge on two repelling balloons Dr. Devaty had charged and hung at the front of the classroom in a demonstration.
This class is a lot smaller than the one I was in when I took Phys 0175.  Consequently, I am the only UTA assigned to it.  I hope to be a useful resource for the other students.

No comments:

Post a Comment