Saturday, January 27, 2018

Week of 1/22

Hello everyone,

This week was a week where I would say things started to pick up. During the first few weeks of Physics 0110, we review some algebra and vector addition/subtraction, among other topics, and most of the students already have a strong foundation and a good grasp of the basic material. However, now we are going over kinematics and many students are seeing this material for the first time and developing problem solving strategies for physics problems.

I had many strong interactions with students during the flipped lectures in which I was able to make things click for some of the students. I am now making it a priority to check to see with students whether what I said makes sense and make sure that the communication is being received.

One student came to my Thursday office hour and another one came to my Friday one. I was able to explain how to think about some of the homework problems and address any questions they have on the lecture material. I have a feeling they will be back for more guidance as needed as I made sure that I was being clear and making sure they felt confident with the material. 

No comments:

Post a Comment