Saturday, January 27, 2018

Week of 1/22



I have had six students show up to each of my first two sets of office hours (8 different students in total). Talking to some of the other UTAs, many have only had a couple or even none show up so far. I attribute the turnout for my hours in part to the small amount of extra credit my professor is offering to students who come to my hours at least three times and also since I am the only UTA for my section.

The most common area which students have been asking for help with so far has been setting up the integrals to solve distributed charge problems. I am not surprised by this considering the difficulty of the task. Also, I think one-on-one step-by-step assistance for this topic is especially beneficial to understanding the thought process for solving these types of problems.

No comments:

Post a Comment