Friday, March 16, 2018

Week of 3/12

This week was very interesting. As more people came to my office hours  I began to get more and more questions that asked about fundamental aspects of electromagnetism. I learn a lot from these students because I get to cement concepts that surround the fundamentals of physics. One question asked how electric fields and magnetic fields relate to each other and I was able to illustrate how they were actually two aspects of looking at the same phenomena- through Lorentz transformations. I really think that students can gain a lot from hearing from other students so I try my best to explain how I learned the topics in the class and explain misconceptions in a way that will stay with the students so they do better on later exams and get something valuable from the class.

No comments:

Post a Comment