Saturday, April 21, 2018

Week of 4/16

I didn't have anyone come to my office hours this week, which was somewhat surprising. I think a contributing factor was that Dr. Nero's classes were still learning new material, but it wasn't as crucial for the overall course as some of the previous topics have been. 

This semester has definitely been successful. I had a steady amount of students visit my office hours, and it was during those times that I learned to communicate ideas more effectively. In class, I had to develop an ability to figure out a problem without having equations on paper in front of me, performing more of an intuitive analysis of the question to do so. Again, I had to be able to effectively communicate ideas to students who asked questions in class. I feel that both of these skills are important for my professional development going forward, but I can always improve in both regards. Overall, I'm very glad to have had the experience of being a UTA.

No comments:

Post a Comment