Friday, April 10, 2015

Weeks 11-12

Last week I had the usual number of student (~5) the usual homework questions were asked. The students that come to see me seem to be understanding the current material for the most part without any issues. The homework questions generally involve simple mistakes like incorrect units (g --> kg) and things like that.

The usual students came to office hours this week. This week the students seemed slightly confused with the difference between latent heat of fusion and latent heat of vaporization. Explanation and review of the HW problems cleared this confusion up, I believe. I also have a way of setting up heat transfer problems by using diagrams to try and keep the different equations straight which I showed to the students, hopefully it will reduce some simple mistakes on the final exam.

No comments:

Post a Comment