Monday, April 6, 2015

Weeks 9-10

During week 9 I didn't have any students attend my office hours. However, during week 10 I had a student attend that has stopped by a few times before. His test was that week so the students had been given practice exam questions and he had a few problems that he wasn't sure how to solve. Mainly, he was having difficulty distinguishing between angular velocity and tangential velocity, so I picked out a few problems from the book that dealt with these ideas and had him work through them. I definitely feel that I have improved in my ability to help students grasp concepts without me explicitly telling them how to solve a problem. I helped to lead him in the right direction with the problems and I definitely feel that he left with a much better understanding.

No comments:

Post a Comment