Friday, December 9, 2016

Journal (Week 12/6)

Well, I really thought that the week before finals was going to be packed and I was going to be trying to help multiple people at a time, so I really prepared and laid out a brief study guide for the course, but no one showed up. Not a single person. I guess that was three hours to myself for my own studying, but I was surprised that there was not at least one person who needed some help. I guess that these last couple chapters were really straightforward mathematically and not too difficult conceptually, and by now they probably have figured out the earlier issues. I wish I could have helped someone clear something up, but the students know my email so if any help in needed further they know where to get ahold of me at. Hopefully they will all do fine.

Being a UTA for the first time was definitely an experience and I feel that it helped me as a student as well. I hope to TA again some semester in the future too. It was fun helping kids out, and it was a really good review for me for further applications. I think I was able to help a good amount of students this semester with different things and I hope that I was able to get my points across in a way that they actually understood and will not forget. Best of luck to all the kids in the class, though!

No comments:

Post a Comment