Thursday, December 8, 2016

Week of December 5th

I had one student come into my office hours this week with a question from the first unit, specifically about one dimensional motion. He had trouble working through a problem in the back of the textbook that had two unknowns. I worked through this problem with him by showing that we could solve for displacement for each variable and set those two equations equal to each other, and then solve for time as it was the same for both variables. Then with time solved we could easily retrace our steps and find each variables displacement. I told him he could take a similar approach to any problem with two unknowns, and I encouraged him to practice similar examples, but we did not have time to work through any other problems.

Broccio
TuTh 2:30-3:45

No comments:

Post a Comment