Friday, March 1, 2019

02.24 - 03.02


This was a particularly fun week for me – probably not so much for the students!

Nobody came to my office hours on Monday morning, but on Wednesday, I talked with two students who just wanted some insight on preparing for the exam.  I was able to help them feel less anxious.  On Thursday, a student came in, and we worked through some examples related to Gauss’ Law and capacitors.  He felt more comfortable at the end of the office hour.

Tyler and I also decided to hold a review session to help students prepare for their exam.  I had a really busy week myself, so it was challenging to find time to put together questions; however, I was able to put together a pretty good presentation using old HW questions from my PHYS 175 class as well as some additional online resources.  There was one review session at 4 and one at 6:30, and both were very crowded!  I stayed after the 6:30 session to answer students' outstanding questions.  I’m glad we did this as many of the concepts we discussed appeared on their exam this morning.  It was nice to work with Tyler on this; I hope we can do something similar for their final midterm.

I also helped proctor the exam this morning.  Our professor allows us to answer students’ questions, which is always interesting.  It was nice to be able to help clarify their questions.  

No comments:

Post a Comment