Thursday, March 21, 2019

Week of 3/18/2019

This week I had two people come to my office hours on Tuesday. For both, I helped them with some conceptual questions on Sapling. It's important to remember that an induced current in a coil will generate a magnetic field that will OPPOSE the changing magnetic field. Additionally, when you are facing a bar magnet toward a loop, it's easier to generalize that the field lines are either going into the loop or away from the loop. On Thursday, one additional person came to my office hours. We simply went over the conceptual concepts for Module 20 and 21. I just reminded them that the step up voltage was for minimizing loss when transmitting electricity across power lines and that the step down was for a usable voltage in a household. Additionally, I emphasized the analogy with springs and stated that the resonance frequency helped maximize current as the reactances from the inductor and capacitor cancelled each other out.

No comments:

Post a Comment