Friday, March 1, 2019

Week of 2/25

What seemed to be a slow week in office hours was swiftly made up by a packed house for a review session held Thursday evening.  With an exam Friday, my fellow TA Cailyn had the idea to offer a review session for students Thursday evening. I arrived as the session was beginning and much to my surprise there was not an empty seat in the house. Cailyn put together an awesome slideshow centered around the main four topics of Exam 2. We went through the slides and gave the students time to give the problems their best attempts before we worked through our methodology to solving them.  I ended up sticking around afterwards for about 20 minutes answering additional questions from students. After helping to proctor the exam this morning I am confident that any student who attended this session saw benefit from it. I would eagerly accept the task of hosting another review before Exam 3 and even the Final if my schedule allows.  Being able to reach out and help so many students at once in a collaborative environment was extremely fulfilling.

No comments:

Post a Comment