Friday, March 29, 2019

Week of 3/25

5 students stopped by my office hours this week - three were people I haven't met before, so it was nice to work with some new people.

A couple of students wanted to review the lectures - with Prof. Paolone out of town, we had guest lectures this week, and I think the change in teaching style was difficult for them to adapt to.

In addition, I worked through approximately 10 Sapling problems across the 5 students. In most cases, students had a calculation error or didn't know what formula to use (there are a lot in this section); it's reassuring that they weren't making any huge conceptual errors. In any case, I was able to help them solve and understand the problems.

The class has their third exam next week, so I spent some time this week developing a powerpoint with review questions, which will be used in two review sessions next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment