Tuesday, March 25, 2014

FB Group Update

I'm doubling down on posts this week, as I inadvertently neglected to leave a post last week - mostly due to the lack of activity (as mentioned in my last post).

However, I figured this would be a good time to talk about the FB group the UTA's & I created. Although it is not the hub of intellectual physics discussions as I was hoping it would be, there are plenty of good questions posted on a weekly basis and other members have taken the liberty to help their fellow students on tricky homework problems (I tend to stay away from those in order to let the students figure it out on their own before I add in anything).

The major problem I've had thus far is providing the information in a convenient and efficient medium. Typing up solutions step-by-step is clunky and difficult to follow. Word documents facilitate syntax, but suffer from similar hindrances. I also utilized photography/scanning of a piece of paper with the work written, which seemed to go well. My next venture is to create videos of me solving the problems uploaded to Youtube/Facebook; I think that would be a unique and very efficient way of getting the information across (especially compared to the prior alternatives). I'll let you know how that goes!

Best,
Ant

No comments:

Post a Comment