Monday, March 3, 2014

Week of Exam

Hey everyone, figured I'd put up a post since I just held my office hours (since I had to adjust them from Tues. due to family issues).  Between skyping with a few students this weekend and some discussions today, one problem that came up a few times was tangental acceleration vs. centripetal acceleration vs. total acceleration (I think the concern is partly due to this being related to a recitation question this week).

The one thing I saw a few times I wanted to point out was more than one person simply took tangental acceleration and subtracted centripetal acceleration from it to get total acceleration (I have no idea where this idea came from).  I figured I would point that out so if you see anything like that in your hours this week you are not alone haha.

Anyhow, good luck with all your hours, I have a lot of individual meetings scheduled coming up to this exam so it should be an incredibly busy week!

Karl

No comments:

Post a Comment