Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Ryan Tan Week 10

Ryan Tan
Physics 0175
Dytman TH 1100-1245

Similar to last exam, not many students showed up to the office hours after the exam. One student came and I worked through problems on RL circuits, electromagnetic inductance, and mutual inductance of two current carrying coils. When going through the problem on RL circuits, I found out that the student was not aware of an important equation. She told me that she knew the formula for the current through an inductor, but was not aware of the formula for the voltage drop across one. (V=L*dI/dt). I know that Professor Dytman doesn't like to derive equations, and I know that the formula for the current in an RL circuit is derived from the voltage formula so he may have skipped it for that reason but even so, I will bring this up when I meet with him this Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment