Monday, March 2, 2015

Week 6

This week went better than the past. The students had a test on Wednesday so I had two kids stay for at least an hour during my office hours. It seemed like the issues the two students were having revolved around the algebra and trig involved in answering the questions. Their physics knowledge was fairly solid, but I did have to help them with interpreting a few questions and how they can extract info embedded in the question and use it to plug into formulas. It helped a lot to use problems from the book and have the students solve them. If they started to get off track while solving, I would redirect them towards the correct method. Besides that I helped them review some trig since they were struggling with the angles. I personally feel they left the office hours better prepared for the exam than when they had first arrived.

No comments:

Post a Comment