Monday, March 23, 2015

week 9

This week I helped one person.

This was a slightly hectic week for me. I was surprised by my parents over Spring Break with tickets to the march madness basketball games being held on Thursday in Pittsburgh. This created a conflict with my office hours, so I worked it out with Dr. Nero to have them moved. This turned out to be very beneficial because they had a test on Tuesday--I was able to move my hours to a time before the test rather than having them on Thursday when no one would have shown up. Although only one person came to my hours before the test, it was still better than I would have done.

Additionally, I met with a student outside of my office hours this week. This was a new experience for me, and it required an extra hour of my time. I was more than happy to give it up, though, because this student regularly came to my office hours and just wanted to run through a few things before the test.

Overall, it was a hectic week between having to switch my office hours and scramble to conform to the students. These are sacrifices that need to be made, though, and I was happy to make them.

No comments:

Post a Comment