Thursday, March 5, 2015

Weeks 6 and 7

Sorry for missing my post last week; it was a busy week.

Regardless, week 6 went smoothly. 25 students showed up. The high number can probably be attributed to the fact that the students need to show up to 3 UTA sessions by the second exam (day after week 7's office hours) for bonus and some were cramming. It was pretty much just like the last session (week 5) where some questions were raised at the start, but it was mostly just students asking either homework questions or questions about the upcoming exam.

Week 7 was a bit more hectic because 1) it was the day before their second exam and 2) it was the last chance they had to show up for the possibility of bonus points. Planning ahead for this, it was the first time I opted to have a sign-in sheet at the front instead of asking students their names when they walked in. In total, I had 36 students show up. Like with Week 3's review session, I went over the solutions to the practice questions that the professor posted. Once I had finished those, some students left but a good number stuck around to ask other general questions. I tried to reinforce some major concepts that I feel were easy to get confused with. Also, I made up a circuits problem on the spot that they had some trouble solving, but I think that when I went over it that it cleared up any issues they had.

No comments:

Post a Comment