Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Week 7

This week I helped six people.

This week was different from any other week I have had so far. I had all new people show up to my office hours, so I got a nice spread of new faces. I could tell that the period for extra credit was ending soon, though, because none of the questions asked were all that in depth. I was able to clear up some misconceptions some students had regarding new topics being learned, which was pretty straight forward. My explanations seemed to help.

Additionally, I got a lot of questions on the test they had taken the week before. The tests were returned in recitation during the week, so they had some things that needed to be explained. This was especially true for one student who came to my office hours on Thursday. He was extremely lost on one of the three long answer questions, but I was able to walk him through it step by step so that he knew what was going on. I had to repeat myself a lot, and I wasn't sure if it was because my explanations weren't clear or if he was just that lost on the topic. Regardless, I got the point across eventually and things were cleared up.

Now that the extra credit opportunity has passed for attending a uta's office hours, I expect a much smaller crowd to show up. This is kind of sad, because I enjoyed helping the large groups. All I can do is hope that people continue to show up.

No comments:

Post a Comment