Friday, November 4, 2016

Journal (Week 11/1)

This week in my office hours I only had a single student come in for help. She needed help with a homework problem that her physics tutor could not seem to get correct. It dealt with the doppler effect and I must admit, I got it wrong the first couple times as well. It turned out to be one of those problems that is way easier than you previous thought, and just by reading the problem with a little more detail allowed us to finally figure out the issue. Note to self: radar guns use two distance, so divide your answer by two! What matters is that we figured it out and she left with a better understanding of how to go about doing a problem of that sort, which is 99.9% likely to be on the upcoming exam.

They are starting to learn about mirrors and vision now, which I personally find the most interesting, so hopefully some more students will come visit me in office hours in these next couple chapters. I think the information is relatively straightforward though, so perhaps they won't need my help. Like always, we will see come next Tuesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment