Friday, November 18, 2016

Journal (Week 11/15)

This week, like the past couple, there was only one student who dropped by for help. He needed a quick refresher on ray diagrams for both lenses and mirrors, and to talk about the theory behind Snell's Law before his recitation quiz. It was a good session and I think he ultimately walked away with a solid grasp on the concepts. I was surprised by the lack of students who came though because typically before an exam there at least 3-5 people who come talk about things. The topics covered on this exam are a bit easier than the past couple though so we will chalk it up to that for the lack of students in the past weeks.

I have let the students know that my hours will be canceled this coming week since I will be headed home for Thanksgiving, but I assume that since they have an exam on Monday and no one has come in the past weeks that I will not be missed too much. But, like I told them, I am always checking my emails so if something really needs to be clarified then they can always reach me that way. For now, it is time for a much needed break.

No comments:

Post a Comment