Tuesday, November 22, 2016

Weeks 10-12 (10/31 - 11/18)

Hey everyone,

I forgot to make a blog post for the past couple weeks but not much has changed since my last post. Unfortunately, less people are coming to office hours now. Only my regulars show up, and a couple of them actually withdrew from the class after the second exam. I think the number of withdrawals is likely the reason I am seeing less people come to office hours; it's a shame, but it was probably the right decision, at least for the couple that talked to me about it in office hours.

Aside from the bad news, the students that are still coming to office hours seem to be doing fairly well. I can see that they are starting to build up a general knowledge of physics (for example, they are becoming more likely to know how to attack a problem, or at least set it up and try some different methods out).

I'm hoping the students that do seek my help can finish out the semester strong when we come back from Thanksgiving break.

-Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment