Sunday, November 6, 2016

Week of October 31st

This week was pretty normal in my office hours. During my Tuesday office hours no students came. On Thursday I had a few students come in and ask me about a certain problem involving two lady bugs and a stick that was particularly challenging. This problem explored the ideas of equilibrium torques and summing different moments of inertia. I think the students ran into the most trouble in their raw calculations of this problem. Since there was a lot of math involved, it was easy for them to miss a negative somewhere or something of that nature so their answer was incorrect. To combat this, I was able to supervise the calculations of each student to double check them while they went through the problem. The students who visited my office hour on Thursday seemed to conceptually grasp rotational motion, but they would benefit from a few more practice problems.

No comments:

Post a Comment