Friday, March 24, 2017

Week of March 20th

At my Tuesday office hours this week, I had three students come in for help with homework problems.  We managed to work through the first few problems of the assignment, and it seemed like the students better understood the concepts involved, namely springs and oscillations, after working through the problems and discussing the solutions.  The same three students, as well as one other student, attended my Friday office hours.  They had questions regarding the last few problems of the assignment, and we worked through the solutions together, discussing the topics and strategies as we went.  However, this particular homework set seemed to be the most challenging thus far, and I was unable to solve parts of some problems, particularly Part D of Problem 3 and Parts B and D of the last problem.  The students also seemed to struggle more with this assignment.  For the problems I was unable to solve, I asked other UTAs for assistance and/or directed the student to the professor for clarification and further help.

No comments:

Post a Comment