Saturday, November 21, 2015

Week 11

Melanie Roberts
Professor Broccio
Tuesday 6-7:20 pm

Week 11

No one came to my regularly scheduled office hours this week.  I had two students come to my think-aloud hour on Tuesday.  The first student had some difficulty with qualitative comparison of moments of inertia, especially as it related to finding angular acceleration.  He was able to reason his way through the first example fairly well, but struggled with comparing the inertia of solid cylinders when a force was applied.  The second student was able to reason through both problems qualitatively, although he was unable to recall the formulas for angular acceleration relating to force.  Talking to students in class was particularly enjoyable this Thursday, because I struggled with fluids and pressure when I took the course last fall.  The unit is/was good for me to review, as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment