Wednesday, April 26, 2017

Final week and reflection

My last week of office hours were actually pretty empty - one person came in. However at Hillman library on Friday night when the homework was due, 9 students found me while I was studying to help them with the last homework problem. This was over the course of like an hour and a half, and I practically got nothing done that night since I spent all my time with the physics kids.

The question was actually incredibly difficult, I couldn't even figure it out. It was the final homework question of the semester and had to do with destructive and constructive interference and I thought we had the proper formula but it required a huge algebraic equation that no one could solve. I asked two other TAs but no one knew how to do it. Still bothers me when I think about it, I don't like getting stumped



Anyway, this concludes my semester being a UTA for physics. I enjoyed it thoroughly (a lot more than I thought I would, and I had already anticipated it being a good time!). Do wish more kids came to my office hours so I could be of more use, a lot of weeks felt like time wasted at empty office hours. Overall found it to be a very valuable experience, I plan to UTA for more classes in the future.

Logging off,

Leon

No comments:

Post a Comment