Tuesday, April 4, 2017

Week of 3/27

Tom Reynolds
Dr. Mueller
Physics 2 MWF 8

This week I had a steady flow of students.  Some of them were physics one students and some were physics two.  The amount of students has definitely come down since early in the semester.  This now is a very manageable amount.  When one or two students come in at a time, I can easily answer all their questions in as great detail as possible.
One of my students this week posed a simple question that proved to be an interesting challenge.  He was working with Maxwell's equations and asked why does a changing magnetic field induce an electric field.  It's a challenge because a complete answer goes a bit above the scope of the class.  I thought it was kind of fun trying to put it in terms he would understand while still giving a satisfying explanation.  It was like a test to see if I really understand it.

No comments:

Post a Comment