Friday, September 7, 2018

PHYS 175 Week #1

This week I held office hours where I met with three students. All of them needed help with the online homework. I was able to help all of them-- most of their issues were small algebraic errors. Since it is early on in the course, the concepts aren't too tricky for most people yet. I also met with my mentor partners and that was very beneficial! We talked about their college career so far, what their strategy is, and how they plan to stay on top of things. I shared my personal experiences taking the course and what had worked for me.  I am excited to keep meeting with them, I think that my presence in the course will help them hold themselves accountable for their work ethic. They seemed to be very self motivated students who really wanted to succeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment