Friday, September 14, 2018

Week of 9/10

This week, I had two students come to my office hours for help with the Sapling homework. Both were struggling with interpreting velocity vs. time and position vs. time graphs, in addition to seeking help for a challenging one-dimensional kinematics question. By walking through the problems with the students and giving them advice on how to solve them, I feel as though I was able to help them better understand the material. Additionally, this was the first week of graded clicker questions during lecture. I was able to help students approach specific problems as I walked around the room during lecture. I'm hoping that as lectures become more problem-solving focused, more students will seek out my office hours for additional help, if needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment