Thursday, September 20, 2018

Week of 9/17 - Rosh Bharthi

This week, I met with two Physics II students in office hours and 2 of my mentees. I scheduled to meet my third mentee on Friday. For the people I met, they all had difficulties with applying Gauss's law. I explained the conceptual basics of Gauss's law to all of them. For the 2 mentees, they immediately began to understand it after the explanation and were able to do the homework problems on their own; this was beyond my expectations to see them grasp the concept so quickly. I anticipate in the future that I will have to explain topics in a simple, conceptual way so that the students can understand and use those concepts to take on more difficult problems. Students tend to get overwhelmed by complex derivation problems, so I will have to help them not over-complicate the problems and simplify the questions as much as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment