Friday, October 20, 2017

Week of 10/16

The past week was rather busy with student questions in lecture and office hours. I had several students come to me for homework help during office hours and I was able to answer their questions. In lecture, we talked about work-energy theorem and conservation of momentum, which raised a few questions. However, after going through some concepts and practice problems, students were better able to understand the material. There is an exam this coming Monday, so I held a review session to help the students prepare for it. I covered some problems regarding work, kinetic & potential energy, Newton's Second Law, and conservation of momentum. The students seemed to struggle most with drawing free-body diagrams, so I went over those in detail, as knowledge of these diagrams is essential to the course. All in all, it was a busy week and I felt quite useful. Good luck to the students on their next exam!

No comments:

Post a Comment