Friday, October 27, 2017

Week of 10/23

Instigated by the upcoming exam and the incentive to come see me at office hours, I received a plethora of students seeking my assistance.

On Tuesday, my 2 hour block, I had kids coming in mainly asking about the sappling homework. There was a rocket problem that most people were confused about, and it really was a difficult problem. In order to solve you had to use an integration, one that they won't learn until the end of calc 2. I was able to derive an equation for them and they understood pretty well. I stayed for a while after to help them out with everything that they needed.

On Thursday again many students came. This time I mostly received requests for problems involving centripetal forces, and how they calculate the normal force/tension on an object in circular motion at the bottom of the circle. Also popular were problems involving aspects of energy conservation. Again I stayed after to address all concerns.

No comments:

Post a Comment