Friday, October 6, 2017

Week of 10/2

I had a pretty good turnout during office hours this week. A couple students came in on both days to discuss some homework problems and conceptual examples from class. We're currently discussing Newton's Laws of Motion and easing our way into centripetal force and angular motion. The students seem to struggle with vectors and trigonometry, particularly in drawing free-body diagrams. I went over different examples to help explain how to set up free body diagrams and how to use Newton's Second Law to solve for net force, acceleration, or mass. There were plenty of questions during lecture too, so all in all, I kept busy this week answering all variety of questions and concerns. When I first thought of being a TA, I imagined it would be busy like this most of the time. So I'm happy with the increased curiosity and volume of questions I'm receiving.

Hopefully, this trend continues in the coming weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment