Wednesday, October 19, 2016

Week of Oct 18

On Tuesday I only had one student in office hours; we went over force and tension book problems. She pretty much didn't need any of my assistance, just asking occasional questions about the set up of her problems or her free-body diagrams. She grasped the concepts well and could pretty much do most of the problems on her own. 

On Wednesday I had my usual students during my office hours. I helped them with problems on momentum and energy, helping them understand the concepts of energy conservation and impulse. I helped them on their online homework problems along with another TA. The other TA focused on the T/TH homework set while I focused on the M/W/F homework set. Overall, the students were starting to understand energy, momentum, nonconservative forces and impulse questions better after drawing diagrams and further explanation. I wish them luck on their next exam next week! 

No comments:

Post a Comment