Thursday, October 6, 2016

Week of Oct 3

This week I had a lot of people at my office hours. On Monday, I had a lot of questions on the homework, mostly dealing with material not covered in lecture yet. I explained how to do tension problems, where the tension is the same. In a stationary system, the vector components in the x and y directions of the tension forces are equal to each other. We also reviewed the basics of force.

On Wednesday, another TA and I helped students on the online homework. I showed the students how to draw the free-body diagram of an object on an inclined plane, and many of them found this very useful because it has not been covered in lecture yet. I also explained the differences between static and kinetic friction, and in what scenarios to use which value. These explanations helped them on their homework. It was a very successful week in office hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment