Tuesday, September 19, 2017

The Chronicles of UTA Ted: Week 2 - Humble Beginnings

First I would like to apologize to all my avid readers about the delayed blog post. Rest assure that I am safe and in good health. I merely have just been busy last week and the task of writing a blog post about my 2nd exciting week UTAing just eluded my mind. But without further delay...

Tuesday 3 P.M. - 

From what I can remember the weather was just peachy. Really beginning to think that this UTA room needs some windows. And like what's with all these half circle desks. Who even decided that this was a good design to have? But I'm beginning to rant, but the room can be quite claustrophobic at times. For the first hour of Tuesday, it was just me and another UTA idly awaiting curious students. One student finally came, bad news is it was for the other UTA. Good news is I'm 1 - 0 in fantasy.

Wednesday 11 A.M. - 

So due to some issues with conflicting office hours I had to change it to Wednesdays at 11 now (Gonna have to change it again... But that juicy bit is for next week's blog post). Finally! The drought ended and I got my first student to help, freshman too, but not from my class. Eh, whatever, I don't discriminate between the type of physics. I helped him out with a projectile motion problem as well as a centripetal motion problem and he thanked me for my time and -got the fuc- and left.

From my observation there were a lot of students from mechanics that needed help. I still have yet to get a student from the class I UTA for, but I'm still hopeful that I remain undefeated in fantasy (2-0 btw).


3 comments: