Friday, September 22, 2017

Week of 9/18

This week I had more students show up to my office hours. On Monday, I was going over the old HW problems that three individuals had missed and still did not know how to do. Though Dr. Broccio went over this one question during class, the students still had questions regarding that problem so I spent more time going over it. On Friday, I had a group of students come in with the same question. As a result, I ended up doing the problem on the whiteboard and basically taught the problem to the whole group because everyone was confused about how to set up and start the particular problem. Also, I held my first group recitation yesterday with another UTA and it went really well. We went over four problems which included vectors, kinematics, and free-fall problems. It was a very rewarding experience because the students felt more prepared for the exam as a result of the session. There are several students who are repeatedly seeking help and using all the resources offered for this class which reassures me that the UTA office hours are truly helping. 

No comments:

Post a Comment