Thursday, September 28, 2017

Week of 9/25

We had our first exam of the semester this Monday. I got to the classroom earlier than usual this week and was immediately greeted by several students with last minute questions. After answering them, I handed out scantrons and helped the students settle in. I got a look at the exam questions, which seemed fair and similar to the problems we had gone over in class and office hours. Hopefully, the students thought so too.

Office hours were quiet this week, but as we moved forward with new lecture material, I received several questions in class. There seemed to be some general confusion regarding Newton's Laws and their conceptual applications. I've been trying my best to explain the conceptual bases of the Laws, but I hope that in time, with practice problems that apply the conceptual framework, students will be able to better grasp the ideas with less confusion. Nonetheless, I'm looking forward to next week's topics and hope to see more students in office hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment