Friday, September 15, 2017

Week of 9/11

This week three people came to my office hours, but only one was for PHYS0174. The first person who came had a question on electric fields, and while I did my best to help her, we could not figure out the problem and I suggested that she email either her professor or graduate TA. Another physics 2 student came later to ask questions about her lon-capa assignment. The problem covered PV diagram from thermodynamics and we were able to get the problem right with the help of another TA. These students made me realize that, while I may not be a TA for physics 2, I should make sure I am still familiar with the topics so that I am able to help these students since there are no physics 2 TAs present during my office hours. There was one student from physics 1 who needed someone to explain the concepts behind her physics lab. During our discussion, I felt I was able to accurately describe the concepts of net force, normal force, and acceleration and she seemed to really understand it by the time she left.

No comments:

Post a Comment