Friday, September 1, 2017

Week of 8/27/17

First week of classes, and first week of being a UTA.  How exciting!
This Monday, I was able to meet with Dr. Hong, the graduate TAs, and the rest of the UTAs I'm currently TAing 0175 with.  I was able to set up office hours and look forward to holding them starting this upcoming week.
As this was the first week, nothing too significant happened in terms of TAing.  I attended the three lectures this week and assisted students during open discussion questions along with the other UTAs.  Aside from that, though, nothing in the way of office hours (which I learned after the fact I was supposed to attend; sorry, Dr. Hong!) I also briefly helped answer some questions and address some misconceptions on the CourseWeb discussion blog for the first homework assignment.
Besides that, however, not much happened in terms of actual UTA duty.  It was mostly setup.  Hopefully now that everything is set straight and roles are being assigned, I'll be able to contribute more as a UTA starting next week. I'm looking forward to it!

-Jeffrey Socash

No comments:

Post a Comment