Friday, December 8, 2017

Week of 12/4 and reflection

This week was the week before finals and I had less people come to office hours than usual.  Those who did come typically came to complete the VR lab for extra credit.  The few questions I did get were rarely about concepts but more about how they should study for the final.  Based on how nervous some of the students seemed for the final I was surprised that more did not show up.

Overall I had fun being a UTA this semester.  Being a UTA not only allowed me to help students struggling to learn the information, but it also helped me.  Many of my current classes still rely heavily on material from physics I so this class worked as a good review.  Even at the end however I was surprised by how few students still came to office hours.  Being that this is typically a first year class I think some students are just skeptical about going to somebody for help.  I don't know how this can be improved.  The people who did come seemed to enjoy using UTAs as a resource and many came regularly to office hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment