Friday, December 8, 2017

Week of 12/4 + Thoughts


Week before final, had no students come to office hours.

Strangely I expected a lot more people to come to office hours. I know many friends who while taking physics I or II ask me questions constantly, so I can't imagine it's solely in my friend group that kids are confused about physics. This content is challenging and confusing, and even for me there are questions that stump me once in a while, even after taking this course once and sitting through lectures a second time around.

I'm excited to TA next term [I know so many people who are about to take physics II so I'm expecting a LOT more in terms of office hours attendance], but I wonder how to get the struggling students who are uncomfortable asking for help - help. Clearly they don't come to office hours when they don't personally know the TA, which I guess makes sense, it's strange to ask someone you don't know for help, especially if you're inherently a quieter person.

Hopefully I'll be able to tackle this problem as I continue onwards as a TA [and if any other TAs have had successful ideas about this, please do share!]

It's been a great term

#Perk Out

No comments:

Post a Comment