Saturday, February 8, 2014

Can anyone else feel the exam in the air? - Week 3

It would appear that the exam spirit is in the air: the total number of students attending my review sessions has doubled for this week. Wednesday I had 19, and Friday I had 21. Moreover, the classroom in Allen Hall was very nice as it accommodated everyone comfortably, had plenty of chalk and a nifty podium that folded out of the table in the front of the classroom. During both sessions, but more so Friday, we revisited the electric field, Gauss's law and potential in addition to going over capacitance and working out homework problems. Also, I gave the students several study tips for the upcoming exam. This week has been my best UTA experience hitherto, as there were newcomers in addition to the regulars, everyone was engaged and posing questions and I am very pleased to see many students taking advantage of the review sessions. I feel they should do well on Thursday's exam.

No comments:

Post a Comment