Monday, February 24, 2014

Crazy Few Weeks

My office hours have been becoming more and more chaotic as these past few weeks have gone on.  In particular, I have tripled my usual time meeting with people individually.  I also tried something new last week with office hours, since some students wanted to conceptually go over how to do Ch. 5 general problems.  I tried to generally describe what the different variables meant, how they appear in a free body diagram, why you can do a, b, c, etc. with it (such as set Fc=uFn etc.).  This seemed to be MUCH more helpful than just going over homework problems (as I did not receive as many last minute panicked texts asking for help last week).

Anyhow, that is my major update for the past few weeks.  I also figured I would let you guys know that I am going to end up having to cancel my Tues. office hours next week so I can be at the hospital when my grandma has surgery, so some of you may see increased numbers if those people come to your hours instead (my busy day is Wed. not Tues. though so I don't imagine it will make a HUGE difference).

Karl

No comments:

Post a Comment