Friday, February 14, 2014

What A Week

So I had my fifth session yesterday, and it was by far the largest one I've had. It was largely due to their exam being today, but at least 20 people came during the three hour session, and at one point I couldn't fit any more students in my room so we commandeered a larger room for the last hour. By the end of the session, I was pretty exhausted, but I felt like I really helped a lot of people. They definitely had more confidence about the upcoming exam when they left as opposed to when they came in. We probably went through about 10-15 problems, and I stressed the idea of having a four step system for each problem (Write down what you know, draw a picture and label the forces, write force equations, write energy conservation equations if necessary). I'm hoping they fare better on this exam than they did with the previous one.

-Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment